How to sign your Maine Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Maine title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, and strike-throughs. If your Maine title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Seller’s Signature.”
- On the back of the title, print your name(s) where it reads “Seller’s Hand Printed Name.”
Maine Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate vehicle title in Maine
- In Person: Fill out form Maine Duplicate Title Application and bring to a Motor Vehicle Office. See Addresses below.
- Online: Maine provides a online service that provides vehicle owners the ability to purchase a duplicate Maine certificate of title. Get Online Title
- By Mail: Fill out the form Maine Duplicate Title Application include the Title fee of $46 (call to check current prices) and mail the form to the below address”
- Vehicle Services Title Section
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
29 State House Station
1300 W Benson Boulevard STE 200
Agusta, ME 04333-0029
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about Maine titles please post here.