Maine Vehicle Titles
How to sign your Maine Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Maine title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, and strike-throughs. If your Maine title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Seller’s Signature.”
- On the back of the title, print your name(s) where it reads “Seller’s Hand Printed Name.”
Maine Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate vehicle title in Maine
- In Person: Fill out form Maine Duplicate Title Application and bring to a Motor Vehicle Office. See Addresses below.
- Online: Maine provides a online service that provides vehicle owners the ability to purchase a duplicate Maine certificate of title. Get Online Title
- By Mail: Fill out the form Maine Duplicate Title Application include the Title fee of $46 (call to check current prices) and mail the form to the below address”
- Vehicle Services Title Section
Bureau of Motor Vehicles
29 State House Station
1300 W Benson Boulevard STE 200
Agusta, ME 04333-0029
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles