Michigan Vehicle Titles
How to sign your Michigan Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Michigan title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, and strike-throughs. If your Michigan title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the front of the title, sign where it reads “Signature of Seller(s).”
- On the front of the title, print your name(s) on the front of the title where it reads “Printed Name of Seller(s).”
Michigan Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Michigan vehicle title.
- Download and fill out the Michigan Duplicate Title Application.
- In Person: Select locations offer same day titles (Call First). Title Fee $15 plus $5 expedited fee.
- By Mail: Fill out form, include $15 fee. Mail to the following address:
- Michigan Department of State
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles