How to sign your Michigan Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Michigan title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, and strike-throughs. If your Michigan title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the front of the title, sign where it reads “Signature of Seller(s).”
- On the front of the title, print your name(s) on the front of the title where it reads “Printed Name of Seller(s).”
Michigan Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Michigan vehicle title.
- Download and fill out the Michigan Duplicate Title Application.
- In Person: Select locations offer same day titles (Call First). Title Fee $15 plus $5 expedited fee.
- By Mail: Fill out form, include $15 fee. Mail to the following address:
- Michigan Department of State
7064 Crowner Drive
Lansing, MI 48918
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about Michigan titles please post here.