How to sign your Montana Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Montana title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your Montana title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- This title must be notarized. Sign the title in front of a Notary Public
- Sign the front of the title where it reads “Signature of Seller.”
- Print name(s) on the back of the title where it reads “Printed Name.”
Montana Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Montana vehicle title.
- Fill out the Application for Replacement Certificate of Title
- In Person: Visit a MVD Location. Time Frame: same day. Cost: $10.30
- By Mail: Time Frame: 3 weeks. Cost: $10.30. Address:
- Title and Registration Bureau
Motor Vehicle Division
Montana Department of Justice
1003 Buckskin Drive
Deer Lodge, MT 59722
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about Montana titles please post here.