How to sign your New York Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your New York title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your New York title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Seller’s Signature.”
- On the back of the title, print name(s) where it reads “Seller’s Name (Print in Full).”
New York Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate New York vehicle title.
- Fill out the New York Duplicate Title Application or apply online.
- In Person: Visit local DMV. Time Frame: 5 – 7 days. Cost: $20
- By Mail: Time Frame: 6 weeks. Cost $20. Mailing Address:
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about New York titles please post here.