How to sign your North Carolina Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your North Carolina title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your North Carolina title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- North Carolina titles must be notarized! Sign the title in front of a Notary Public.
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Seller Signature(s).”
- On the back of the title, print your name(s) where it reads “Sellers Hand Printed Name(s).”
North Carolina Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate North Carolina vehicle title.
- Fill out the form North Carolina Duplicate Title Application.
- In Person: Time Frame: Same day. Cost $20
- By Mail: Time Frame: 15 business days.Cost: $20. Mailing Address:
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about North Carolina titles please post here.