How to sign your South Dakota Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your South Dakota title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your South Dakota title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Signature of Seller(s).”
- On the back of the title, print name(s) where it reads “Hand Printed Name(s) of Seller(s).”
South Dakota Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate South Dakota vehicle title.
- Fill out the South Dakota Duplicate Application.
- In Person: Time Frame: 5-10 business days Cost: $10
- By Mail: Time Frame: 5-10 business days Frame: Cost: $10. Mailing Address:
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about South Dakota titles please post here.