Texas Vehicle Titles
How to sign your Texas Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Texas title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your Texas title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- Sign the front of the title where it reads “Signature of Owner or Agent.”
- Sign the back of the title where it reads “Signature of Seller/Agent.”
- Print name(s) on the back of the title where it reads “Printed Name (Same as Signature).”
Texas Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Texas vehicle title.
- Fill out the Texas Duplicate Application.
- In Person: Time Frame: Same day Cost: $6
- By Mail: Time Frame: 2 weeks Frame: Cost: $6. Mailing Address: see below
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles