How to sign your Virginia Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Virginia title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your Virginia title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- Sign the front of the title where it reads “Signature(s) of Seller(s).”
- Print name(s) on the front of the title where it reads “Printed Name of Seller(s).”
Virginia Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Virginia vehicle title.
- Fill out the Virginia Duplicate Title Application.
- In Person: Time Frame: Same day. Cost: $10
- Online: www.dmv.virginia.gov
- Replacement titles are issued for vehicles if a title is lost, mutilated or illegible. Substitute titles are issued when information on the previously issued title needs to be changed.
Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
Toll Free: 804-497-7100
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about Virginia titles please post here.