How to sign your Washington D.C. Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Washington D.C. title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your Washington D.C. title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Signature of Seller.”
- On the back of the title, print your name(s) where it reads “Printed Name of Seller.”
Washington D.C. Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Washington D.C. vehicle title.
- Fill out the District of Columbia Duplicate Title Application.
- In Person: Time Frame: 10 business days. Cost: $26
- By Mail: Time Frame: 10 business days. Cost: $26. Mailing Address:
- DC DMV
P.O. Box 90120
Washington, DC, 20090
Washington D.C. Motor Vehicle Locations
4525 Benning Road, SE
Washington, DC 20019
Rhode Island Row
2350 Washington Place, NE
Washington, DC 20018
95 M Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024
3270 M Street, NW
Washington, DC 20007
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
Title Questions and Comments
If you have questions or additional information about Washington D.C. titles please post here.