How to sign your Washington Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Washington title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your Washington title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- Sign the front of the title on the “Signature of Registered Owner” line and the “Signature of First Legal Owner” line.
- Sign the front of the title where it reads “Signature of Transferor/Seller” in the assignment of title.
- Print name on the front of the title where it reads “Printed Name of Transferor/Seller.”
Washington Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Washington vehicle title.
- Fill out the Washington Affidavit of Loss form.
- In Person: Time Frame: 8-10 weeks. Cost: $31.
- By Mail: Time Frame: 8-10 weeks. Cost: $31. Mailing Address:
- Choose a DMV mailing location
Washington Motor Vehicle Office.
Toll Free: 360-902-3770
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles
If you have questions or additional information about Washington titles please post here.