Washington Vehicle Titles
How to sign your Washington Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Washington title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your Washington title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- Sign the front of the title on the “Signature of Registered Owner” line and the “Signature of First Legal Owner” line.
- Sign the front of the title where it reads “Signature of Transferor/Seller” in the assignment of title.
- Print name on the front of the title where it reads “Printed Name of Transferor/Seller.”
Washington Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Washington vehicle title.
- Fill out the Washington Affidavit of Loss form.
- In Person: Time Frame: 8-10 weeks. Cost: $31.
- By Mail: Time Frame: 8-10 weeks. Cost: $31. Mailing Address:
- Choose a DMV mailing location
Washington Motor Vehicle Office.
Toll Free: 360-902-3770
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles