Louisiana Vehicle Titles
How to sign your Louisiana Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Louisiana title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, and strike-throughs. If your Louisiana title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- This title must be notarized! Sign the title in front of a Notary Public.
- On the back of the title. sign where it reads “Signature of Seller(s).”
- On the back of the title, print your name(s) where it reads “Printed Name(s) of Seller(s).”
Louisiana Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate title in Louisiana.
- Download and fill out the Louisiana Duplicate Title Application
- In Person: Bring the application to the Office of Motor Vehicles. Cost 68.50 – Time frame 8 to 12 business days
- By Mail: Include the form, an application fee of 26.50 and send to the below address. Expect a 2 week turn around to receive your new title.
- Office of Motor Vehicles
P.O. Box 64886
Baton Rouge, LA 70896
After selling your vehicle, you can file the Notice of Vehicle Transfer online. Your OMV record will be immediately marked indicating the vehicle has been sold.
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles