New Jersey Vehicle Titles
How to sign your New Jersey Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your New Jersey title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your New Jersey title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Seller’s Signature.”
- On the back of the title, print your name(s) where it reads “Seller’s Name (Hand Print).”
New Jersey Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate New Jersey vehicle title.
- Fill out the New Jersey Duplicate Title Application
- In Person: Time Frame: Same day. Cost $60
- By Mail: Time Frame: 6 – 8 weeks. Cost: $60. Mailing Address:
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles