Ohio Vehicle Titles
How to sign your Ohio Vehicle Title
Be sure to sign and print your name exactly as spelled on the front of your Ohio title. Avoid erasures, scribbles, strike-throughs and use a black or blue pen only. If your Ohio title shows a lien or a bank name printed on the front, then your title will need to be signed off by the lien holder or have a separate lien release letter.
- This title must be notarized! Sign the title in front of a Notary Public
- On the back of the title, sign where it reads “Transferor’s/Seller’s Signature.”
- On the back of the title, print your name(s) where it reads “Transferor’s/Seller’s Printed Name.”
Ohio Vehicle Title Replacement Questions?
How to get a duplicate Ohio vehicle title.
- Fill out the Ohio Duplicate Title Application.
- In Person: Time Frame: Same Day. Cost: $15
- By Mail: Time Frame: 2 weeks. Cost: $15. Mailing Address:
Ohio Motor Vehicle Office.
Toll Free: 844-644-6268
Looking for a different state? Visit Nationwide Instructions For Vehicle Titles